Who is eligible for U-Pass BC?
You are eligible for U-Pass BC at Langara if:
- You are a student enrolled in Regular Studies; and
- You are registered in at least 3 credits (not including online, Guided Independent Studies, Field School, Flexible Assessment, Excluded or Adult Basic Education / Preparatory courses) in Regular Studies; and
- You are assessed student union fees.
Who is NOT eligible for U-Pass BC?
For clarification, courses in the following programs will not count towards U-Pass BC eligibility:
- Continuing Studies
- STEP and LEAP Programs
- Outgoing Exchange
- Online, GIS or Flexible Assessment courses
- Excluded courses (APPL 4110)
- Adult Basic Education / Preparatory courses (Math 1100, Math 1101, Math 1150, ENGL 1106, ENGL 1107, ENGL 1108, ENGL 1110, ENGL 1120, ENGL 1121)
Furthermore, any student will cease to be eligible for the program if they have dropped or withdrawn from all eligible courses during the term.
How many months of U-Pass BC will I receive?
Students registered in full-semester courses in Summer 2015 will be eligible for May to August. Students registered in half-semester courses will be eligible for either May to June or July to August depending on program dates. The eligible months cannot be changed or extended under any circumstances.
What happens if I drop or withdraw from my courses?
If you drop or withdraw from all eligible courses then you will no longer be eligible for U-Pass BC, and you will be refunded the U-Pass BC fee for the remaining months in the semester. The U-Pass BC fee for May is non-refundable after April 30th, 2015. If the pass has not been issued, you can pick it up in person by contacting the coordinator at email@example.com.
Can I be exempt from the U-Pass BC Program?
U-Pass BC is a mandatory program. However, students meeting one of the following provisions and who have not picked up a U-Pass BC for any month in the semester may apply for an exemption by submitting a completed Exemption Request Form and all necessary documentation by the fifth day of the semester.
- Students holding a valid U-Pass BC from another institution in Metro Vancouver
- Students holding another valid non-transferable TransLink transit pass
- Students with a documented physical or psychological condition that would prevent transit use
- Students enrolled in a single course with on-campus classes scheduled for only one day per week
Exemptions for the Summer 2015 semester will be accepted from April 20th to May 10th, 2015.