Admission Requirements - Career and Limited Enrolment (LE)
A number of career and arts and science limited enrolment programs are open to international students.
1. Academic Requirements
Successful completion of BC Grade 12 or equivalent. (12 years of formal education).
2. English Language Proficiency
English is the language of instruction at Langara College. Students are required to demonstrate proficiency in the English language prior to admission to post-secondary programs. For career programs and arts and science limited enrolment programs, students must obtain ONE of the following:
- Langara English Test (LET)- a minimum score of 3
- Language Proficiency Index (LPI) - with a minimum score of 26 on the
Essay and one of the following:
- 5 in English usage
- 5 in sentence structure
- 10 in reading comprehension
- Minimum of 80% in one of BC English 12 or BC English Literature 12
- A minimum “C-” in a university-level English or Communications course for which Langara awards transfer credit or an “S” in either of these Langara English courses: ENGL 1107 or 1108
3. Specific Program Requirements
Students are required to meet any additional admission requirements specified for the program of their choice.
Students applying for a career or arts and science limited enrolment program are advised to submit an additional application for the Arts and Science (university-transfer) Program. As admission to career programs and arts and science limited enrolment programs is not guaranteed, students can pursue a post-secondary education as an arts and science student to complete university-transfer courses or to upgrade their skills in English, mathematics, and science to meet the requirements of their desired career program or arts and science limited enrolment program. See General Admission Information. Students are not required to pay a second application fee for this additional application.