Department/Program: Langara School of Management
Subject Area: Business Law
Description of Position: The College is recruiting instructors for the following business course: Business Law (BUSM 1285)
- Candidates must have both an undergraduate degree and an LL.B. Master’s degree preferred.
- All candidates must be practicing lawyers whose membership is in good standing with the Law Society of British Columbia.
- All candidates must have a minimum of five years experience practicing business law.
- The five years of experience must be after successful completion of the Law Society Admission Program (called to the bar) and preferably include middle or senior levels of responsibility.
- Post-secondary teaching experience is preferred, ideally in the subject area.
Length of appointment: Initially a term appointment, January 1 to April 30, 2014, but may continue depending on the demand for the courses.
Note: One section per semester equals quarter time; four sections equal full time. One section normally requires four classroom hours per week, plus office hours for student consultations as well as class-preparation and marking time.
Start Date: January 1st, 2014
Salary Range: Salary placement is on Langara instructors’ salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Employee Group: LFA
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter no later than 4:30pm of the closing date.
Closing Date: November 4, 2013
Competition No.: F045-13
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. We are committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.